Monday, August 31, 2009

Chesney's new pet

Chesney has been wanting a dog for ages now- She knows that we need to wait until we move back to MN before getting one, but she talks constantly about what kind, what to name it, where it will sleep and what she will teach it to do. I think she is getting tired of waiting because she has come up with alternatives to the dog that she can have now. Most recently is her pet Slug- Zeo
Did you know slugs need to stay wet to live and they can eat a piece of a mushroom in no time. The can also live for up to 15 years
Chesney got bored with it after only 5 days- I guess we will never know how long they can really live.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Did it just die? Mira has been begging for a dog too. We said when she is closer to 6 years old we can get one. Can't wait to meet your new dog next summer!

The Jahnkes said...

it didn't die- Chesney didn't pay any attention to it for two days so I told her to put it outside and let it go.

Martha said...

I have a lot of pets too...rabbits, squirrels and birds!! They are so easy to take care of!! Loved seeing Chesney's temporary pet! Love you, Grandma

Tribe of Adeline said...

The love of animals!!!! I just killed a mole yesterday...first tried to drowned it with a hose...It came out and I stabbed it with a shovel!!!! THEY are making a mess of my landscaping and are in my rocks and shrubs...then I get mean!!!!
Love, Bonnie