Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Overland Track, Tasmania - Day 6

Windy Ridge Hut to Narcissus Hut
Distance Hiked 9.5km/6miles



Ah, look at all that flat
We woke at 5am our last day to hike our last three hours in the morning- and it really was a lovely morning for it- cool morning air, no bugs, sun not to high and hot in the sky. We arrived at Narcissus Hut at 9am, had a cup of tea and waited for our ferry to take us to the bus heading back to hobart.

Lovely boardwalk

streams are turning into a river

Very cool suspension bridge to walk

Keep your eye on the prize- there it is Lake St Clair. Our destination

Spreading Guineaflower- they were everywhere and so brilliant with yellow

Waiting at the jetty for the ferryboat to take us across the lake.

Lake St Clair- the deepest lake in Australia- 168 meters deep to be exact

The end of the journey

I think I will shower now. Good-Bye

4 comments:

Angie said...

Wow! What an adventure, Kelly! Thanks for sharing it. Your pictures are beautiful!

Michelle said...

What great posts, Kelly! I feel like I was there and I'm not even tired! Oh, and I think I can smell you from here!

Have a great time with Mom and Dad over Christmas and New Years'. Wish we could be there too! Love you!

Frank and Sue said...

Great stuff Kelly. Really enjoyed your view of the Overland Track. Your pictures were great and I really liked your witty comments. It is funny down there, rain, snow and sun!
Frank

Tribe of Adeline said...

What an adventure! Better you than me Kelly! I enjoyed seeing it from the comfort of my office at home. That last picture of you looks like an amazon woman in need of taming. You were able to experience some beautiful scenery. Thanks for the tour!
Love, Bonnie