Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Wine, Wine, Wine. Did I mention there was Wine?

A weekend away with the girls. The Wine, The Cheese, The Laughs. It was all so nice and child free. Me and five friends decided to head up the the Hunter Valley Wine Region this past weekend. We had a fab time and got drunkity, drunk, drunk.

The cottage we stayed at, very cosy, very nice

Our view from the cottage

Between the six of us- and that was only the first night. We do love our bubbly.

Off to the vineyards to sample, sample, sample

Where to start? Why at the Champagne house of course.



My favorite vineyard, Tyrrell's

The gardens were magnificent

We stopped for lunch at a restaurant at one of the vineyards, Rock Restaurant.
It was fabulous to sit there for a couple of hours and not have to get up once to tend to a child.
The views were stunning

And get a load of this bathroom. This was just the toilet stall, complete with your own sink and cloth towels to dry your hands. I just had to take a picture.

Justine, Liz, Jan, Kelly, Michelle, and Antonia

They offered an amuse bouch(or however you spell it) before the meal. Lucky for the three of us who love oysters natural, we got to eat the other three's who did not like oysters also.

And I did my best with what I had to work with to show the Aussies what a s'more is. I had to substitute the graham cracker with a biscuit and then I had to microwave them but I'd say they came out pretty good.

I came back with lots of wine to bring home, store in my cellar, and pull out in ten years to drink and remember the wonderful weekend with my great friends.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Wow! What a great post. I felt like I was there. (Almost!) I bet you're a bit conflicted about coming back!

Michelle said...

Oh, what a great time you had! We'll have to do that when you come home too.

Martha said...

WOW...If my calculations are correct you drank nearly 2 bottles each the first night!!! What fun!! The place looks so peaceful! Thanks for the pictures...Love, Mom