Friday, December 10, 2010

Lefse and Rosettes with My Auntie

Last Saturday my two sister-in-laws and I went to my Aunt Debs house and she showed us how to make Lefse and Rosettes. We had a great day of rolling, flipping, deep frying and drinking. And even came home with some good eats!

Here is Sara, Mandy and Deb just before we started. Deb made us these cute "lefse friends" aprons to wear.
What you keep the lefse in to keep warm after done


Some of the delicious finished product

Some of the not so nice finished product- Mandy made these.


Posted by Picasa


And the rosettes- very time consuming- but totally worth it

Look at these beauties!
What do you do with the excess batter after you have made 150 rosettes?
you play in the hot oil, of course!

Posted by Picasa


Thanks for the fun time girls, looking forward to next year!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Now I'm really bummed I missed it! Looks like you had a great time! I'll for sure be there next year. Maybe I can even host with my huge new kitchen!

Martha said...

I am sure you all had a great time. Loved the new aprons and the goodies looked really good!! Michelle..what huge new kitchen??? Love, Martha