Monday, June 15, 2009

I am certified!!

Certified to do what, you might ask? Certified to plummet to the depths of the ocean floor to explore a world most have never experienced. I can now, as scary as it may be, go out with a buddy and scuba dive on my own. I think I will just stick to going out with the diving club- safety in numbers I always say. My final dive for my certification was at Bare Island just south of Sydney. The island is where Mission Impossible 2 was filmed, so I have been told. The family came with on that day to see mommy make her dive.
Myself and a couple of the other students
There I go



Logan has been having fun with my scuba gear- when I went to put my regulator in my mouth that day it somehow was covered in chocolate from Logan putting it in his mouth. yuck.

I am now really looking forward to heading up to the Great Barrier Reef to try out my scuba skills there. Anyone want to join me?

6 comments:

Martha said...

Yes, I would love to scuba dive with you!!! I know my certificate is around here somewhere, when I find it I will be there to join you. Great pictures of your adventure. Logan looks so funny with your gear on!!! Chesney looks so proud of you!! Love you all, Mom

Michelle said...

Kelly, that is really wonderful! You are having such a grand adventure. I'll come to the Great Barrier Reef with you. I think Mom and I will just sit on the beach with Pina Coladas while you scube dive. Not a fan of fish. Well, just eating them! Love you so! Can't wait to see you in October!

Tribe of Adeline said...

Wow Kelly...You put the rest of us squeemish jellyfish to shame. Where do you get all this courage you were born with???...for sure not from Auntie Bonnie or your Mom! Congratulations on maybe the only relative that is certified for scubaing around the world!!!! Also cute pictures of Logan and Chesney too.
Love you lots from, Auntie Bonnie

Tribe of Adeline said...

Congratulations Kelly! You are amazing and oh so brave! I can't go in any water where my feet can't touch bottom. I'd love to join Martha and Michelle and watch you. You need to publish your own coffee table book of pictures! The kids are growing up fast. It is fun to check in on you and hear what you and your family are up to. Love, Margene

Michelle said...

Hey, I love your clock on the side that tells us what time it is in Sydney. I guess I won't call you now since it's 2:55 am!

m.

Bakken Board said...

Way to go Kelly!! You're such a cool mom. So good to see you're doing all these adventerous things while in Australia! Take advantage of it.