Sunday, September 12, 2010

On your mark....Get set....Go!!!

It was race day today.
Pine Island was host to a Duathlon this morning.
The race consisted of a 3 mile run 21 mile bike ride 3 mile run
My brother Jeff did the entire race by himself with an impressive time of 2 hours 10 minutes.
I had planned to do the race myself, but as the summer wore on and my training was not where it should be for this kind of race, I began recruting team members.
So I give you The Team
Dawn, Kelly and Ryan
Dawn ran first with a time of about 36 minutes, then she handed the timing chip off to me and I headed off for my 21 mile bike ride. Unfortunately at about mile 5 my tire burst and not having anything on me to fix it, I had to forfit my part of the race and catch a ride back with a support person. But Ryan was still able to run his leg of the race and completed the last 3 miles in about 22 minutes. Very impressive.
Ryan crossing the finish line
Jeff crossing the finish line
Posted by Picasa


It was a beautiful day to be out and perfect conditions for running and biking

2 comments:

Martha said...

You all are very impressive..Great pictures! Congratulations to you all...Love, Mom

Michelle said...

Wonderful! Go Team Kelly, Dawn, and Ryan! Great job, Jeff. Very impressive.