Sunday, September 27, 2009

I'm a Pinkie

Yes, you read correctly- I am a pinkie. For the second year in a row I participated in the Triathlon Pink here in Sydney. It is an event to support breast cancer research. Pink rules the day and the participants are in fact called Pinkies- Says so on the t-shirt I received, yup. It was a great day- started out a bit chilly and running from the swim to the transition was brrrrr. But by the run it was sunny and warm. Just my two friends and I (and about 1400 other pinkies).

Here is the transition area where we ran to in between each leg of the race to change into our gear for the next leg. We really needed to pay attention to where our bikes were or risk losing them in the sea.
My friends- Karen and Justine
Coming in to the finish line- my ever present supporters there to cheer me on to the finish
So proud of their mum

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Kelly, congratulations! You are a very inspiring woman! Great job on your second triathalon!

Tribe of Adeline said...

Yay Pinkie!! You are truly a Pinkie Superwoman, Wonderwoman, and I would name you THE qUEEN OF THE FORIEGN BREAST CANCER WALK A THON. Michelle still holds the crown for the USA crown. I think all of you who walk are winners Dtheand we are all so lucky to have supporters and healthy people who can walk for all of us! I support all of you. Michelle and her group did a great job also. Everyone needs to go on the DUBAR Dolls 3 day-team family blog to see the pics. A big salute to all who walk! Kelly, I'm so proud of you! All of us who have boobs are lifted! Love, Auntie, Margene

Martha said...

Oh Margene..You are too funny!! I loved the line THE QUEEN OF THE FOREIGN BREAST CANCER WALK-A-THON!! I am so proud of you..and you look like you really like running..that is so amazing to me! Great pictures..Love, Mom

Val said...

Great job Kelly-you're amazing. And what a great example for your kids. Is there anything you won't try? Don't tell me, I don't really want to know. Thanks for working for such a great cause. Love you, Val