Saturday, September 19, 2009

Slow and Steady Finishes the Race

Today I completed the annual 9km Sydney Harbour Bridge Run. It was definitely a challenge to me, but I put on my visor and tied my running shoes and off I went over the harbour bridge, through the gardens and finished at the Opera House. The event today consisted of four events, a marathon, half marathon, 9km run and 4km run. 33,000 people in total competed in the races and it was fantastic to be a part of it. It was a very warm, sunny day and I completed the run in an hour and a quarter. Like I said- slow and steady finishes the race.

Right after the race finished...am....I....buggered


Apparently waiting for me in the hot sun to finish the race had proven to much for the kids and they just didn't seem to have the enthusiasm one would expect.


My friend, Michelle and I after the race.
Chesney found a great tree to climb. I would have joined her but I was to busy sitting on the ground stiffening up.


Here we are after the race, waiting for the train to go home.
All and all a great day. My next race? on Saturday next week I am competing in a triathlon. wish me luck- should be a fun time.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, Kelly! That is so impressive! You are inspiring me to get off my butt and do some exercise. Today: a long walk and pilates! Thanks for the inspiration. You are doing a terrific job on all your races. I know how hard you have been training!

Martha said...

Congratulations on completing your race!! I can hardly believe you are running....I would like to say you look like you have lost weight...dah...oh course you have with all the training!! Great pictures..KISS THE KIDS AND DWAYNE TOO!!! Love, Mom

Tribe of Adeline said...

Kelly, You are wonder woman! Walking to the mailbox is an event for me. You have so much energy. Congratulations on your anniversary today{Sunday,Sep. 20} It is also Angie and Kyle's anniversary. We wish all of you many years of happiness! Love, auntie Margene

Tribe of Adeline said...

You are an inspiration to me too. If only I were in Aussie country to train with you! You can be so proud of yourself!
Love, Bonnie

Val said...

Congratulations Kelly, I am so proud of you. What a great accomplishment. And what a great example you are for your children. Keep up the great work! Love you, Val

Tribe of Adeline said...

I am speechless.....and in awe of you! Way to go! Best wishes for your next event! My activity of the day was carrying Gabe up and down the stairs! Sarah

Norstad Family Blog! said...

Congratulations Kelly! I say ditto to what everyone else has been saying. You are such a determined, hard working young woman and Iam so very proud of you. Keep up the good work.
Love you! Auntie Deb