Monday, August 9, 2010

Buffalo Bill Days

This past weekend we headed down to Lanesboro for Buffalo Bill Days. Now don't laugh, this is one kick ass three day party. We haven't been able to attend the festivities for the past 5 years and were glad to be back for them this year. We headed down Friday evening and went downtown to meet some dear high school friends . The street dance was a blast, the same band that has been playing for the past 25 years or so, a little older but still great. After the dance the fun continued at the campground where a lovely young girl named Lacey apparently needed the attention of her boyfriend and told him that we (meaning me, Duey, my brother and a few of my friends) locked her in a portapotty for 25 minutes. After a little scuffle, some threats to call the cops and lots of yelling, we headed on home at 4 am.
Duey and some of my friends played in a volleyball tourney Saturday and Sunday morning. They had a fun time playing, but didn't place in the tourney.



Chesney and Logan in the park at the petting zoo
All good festivals have a great parade. This one is no exception.
And no Buffalo Bill Days would be complete without a buffalo leading the parade.
Posted by Picasa




Posted by Picasa

My Brother, isn't he special?


Dad and Jeff entered into a beanbag tourney on Saturday, So we practiced at Mom and Dads so they could kick some ass. They held their own, but no one came home with any trophies that weekend.

Thanks to Mom and Dad for not only hosting us all at their house but for also watching 6 of their grandchildren while we went out and had a bit too much fun.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It was such a fun weekend! I think you had quite a bit more fun than I did, but I didn't get into any scuffles either! Send me the photos of my girls at the petting zoo please!