Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My nearly finished kitchen

After adding and changing a few things in our kitchen it is nearly complete and I am really loving it. My new island in the middle filled the space nicely and gave me another work surface to use. You like?







Duey built me this island. Oh how I love it. I asked for it 9 years ago and voila- here it is. Made of solid hickory wood and topped with granite. It definitely completed the space.














And here is the new backsplash we installed. it is a combination of glass and stone tiles and really made it a bit more interesting than the boring beige the wall was before.




Just need to replace the appliances with stainless steel after these konk out and it will look great.




Posted by Picasa



I really enjoy being in there now and hope the rest of our projects are finished before the September arrival of our little bub.

3 comments:

Martha said...

Beautiful...I just love it!! Duey did a great job and it all looks so lovely in your kitchen!! Love, Mom

Michelle said...

I've been waiting to see photos of your new island. I love it! It's cool that you put it diagonal. I'm sure you are getting so much use out of it. Enjoy!

Tribe of Adeline said...

It's beautiful Kelly. I love the island and the backsplash. Very nice addition. Good job Duey!.Good things are worth waiting for.....Bonnie